01/07/2011 § Leave a comment
Just so you know, I always deal with it. Who doesn’t?
“pro·cras·ti·na·tion Noun /prəˌkrastəˈnāSHən/ /prō-/
1. the action of delaying or postponing something
• your first tip is to avoid procrastination”
Well, for sure most of us deal with this most of the time. But how do we really avoid or stop this?
Here are some tips I found in the WWW via eHow.com:
- Think about why you procrastinate: Are you afraid of failing at the task? Are you a perfectionist and only willing to begin working after every little element is in place? Are you easily distracted?
- Break up a large, difficult project into several smaller pieces. Tackle each piece separately.
- Work in small blocks of time instead of in long stretches.
- Eliminate distractions or move to a place where you can concentrate.
- so on and so forth. More at How to Stop Procrastinating | eHow.com.
Anyway, why am I sharing this? Because an hour ago, I was procrastinating. I’m doing stuff NOT related to my homeworks. Great! But hey, later on, I managed to stop and start doing what I needed to do. And here’s my first work:
It’s a chimera. I used the pig’s nose and ears and put it in the dog’s picture. We were asked to use masking, so here it is. All images are from the internet and I do not own any.
COOL! I actually liked it. Getting this done makes me in the mood to finish everything by tonight. Besides, I have no choice. My deadline is tomorrow. HAHA!
The bottom line is, try to do one thing at a time. Once you’re done with something, you will have that feeling that will encourage you to finish your tasks as soon as possible. Neat!
I hope I helped. Try it! CIAO!